We took all of the information we gathered for trails and points of interest in the Medicine Bow National Forest and consolidated it into a single eBook putting all of our maps, descriptions, directions and helpful links in one convenient place.
Or if you have a preferred ereading device, you can buy it straight from:
- The Kindle Store: Explore the Medicine Bow National Forest
- The iBookstore: Explore the Medicine Bow National Forest
- Google Play: Explore the Medicine Bow National Forest
Why an eBook?
We’ve worn out our share of guide books over the years and have come up with a few reasons why an eBook is a good choice.
- FREE UPDATES! When we update our book, and we will update our book, all we have to do is upload the new version to our website and through our distributers. Then, you’ll get an email and can download the new version at your leisure for no cost.
- FULL COLOR! Buying a physical book with a lot of high resolution full color maps and pictures is expensive. Not so with an eBook. We can bring you a custom full color map for each trail and point of interest along with a picture or two for good measure.
- We have hyperlinks. We make great use of hyperlinks throughout the book so you can jump to a specific trail or point of interest very quickly without a lot of skimming back and forth. Also, if you are connected to the internet our hyperlinks can connect you to even more of our pictures and videos.
- It’s one less thing to carry on a long trip and one less thing to have cluttering up the house. We don’t imagine that you’ll be hiking with your iPad or Kindle Fire but most of the times we have used a physical guide book we’ve left it in the car too.
Feel fee to try a short sample:
- iPad: epub sample
- Kindle: mobi sample
- PDF: PDF sample
- All these files have been compressed to make the download faster.
Below we’ve listed all the trails you’ll find in the book. We’ll add more as we keep finding new places to explore. We’ll also update these trails with the latest changes and make sure you get updated versions at no cost (which is something else we wouldn’t be able to do with a physical book).
Section 1: Pole Mountain and Curt Gowdy State Park
Section 2: Corner Mountain and Sand Lake Road
Section 3: Rock Creek Area
- Crater Lake Trail
- Mine along Rock Creek
- Rock Creek Trail
- Sand Lake Resort
- Sheep Lake Trail
- Trail Creek Trail
Section 4: Medicine Bow Peak Area
- Billie Class Stamp Mill
- Cabin near Quealy Lake
- French Creek Canyon Trail
- Gap Lakes Trail
- Lake Marie Falls
- Lost Lake Trail
- Medicine Bow Peak
- Medicine Bow Peak Fire Lookout
- Miner’s Cabin and Tipple Trail
- Quealy Lake Trail
- Red Mask Mine
- Reservoir Lake Falls
- Silver Lake Trails
- Wreck of United Airlines Flight 409
Section 5: French Creek to Kennaday Peak
- Brush Creek Trails
- Kennaday Peak Fire Lookout
- Tie Camp along Brush Creek
- Tie Camp along North French Creek
- Tie Hack Trail
Section 6: Platte River to Sheep Mountain